Are you ready to study in China , but don’t know how to apply to a university? Here you will find everything about the entry process
Before trying to apply to any university, check the website of the program you want and contact the international office of the institution. There are always different requirements and applications at universities, so make sure you know what you need to get accepted into the program you prefer!
Check out more:
Questions to ask at the international office:
- Do I need to be fluent in the language to be accepted into this program? If so, do I have to take a Chinese test to prove language proficiency?
- What documents do I need to apply?
- How should I send these documents to the institution?
- Is there a separate application for international students?
- How can I make my request?
- There are many questions you can ask the international office, but here is some more information you need to know!
Documents needed for your application:
- Admission by the Chinese Government.
- To achieve this, you must be able to prove that you are a true student who has a Chinese visa, no criminal record, and the appropriate qualifications for the program (which must be indicated on the educational institution’s website).
- Transfer students will need a certification to prove eligibility from all colleges they have previously attended.
- A positive score on the HSK. The HSK is the Chinese language test, which may be required depending on the program requirements outlined by the university.
Your university may ask you for more additional documents. Always check with the institution that you are making the correct application.
When should you apply to a Chinese university?
There are usually two semesters, fall and spring, in which you can apply. Some colleges have three semesters, so check before you apply.
The application process usually begins in February or March, with the deadline until June. Before July, the university will give answers to the applications and you can start the visa application process. The fall semester in China normally starts in September.
The application process usually starts in October and the deadline ends in January. You will receive the answer from the university at the end of January. The spring semester usually begins at the end of February or beginning of March.
When applying to a university, be sure to apply as soon as possible. Many programs decide to fill their openings on the first application they receive, so try to do it early!
Tips when applying
- Apply early! As well as the assignment of seats, past applicants often receive a response from the university ahead of time.
- There is not a long time to get a visa after you have been admitted by the university, so make sure to apply for the visa as soon as possible. You will need a visa to study in China!
- Apply to more than one college to increase your chances of being admitted.
- Try again! If you don’t manage to get admitted by the university, apply to the same program again.